Sunday, October 18, 2009

List of Top Resources

Earlier I posted about my decision to write CAT. Now after deciding to write CAT, next thing is to find resources for CAT prep. Not just any resources, mind you. I am a cheapskate and a sucker for free resources on the internet. So here goes my top 5 list:

  1. PagalGuy: Without question the #1 destination for everything MBA in India. Highly recommended for anything MBA related be it prep buddies, general question and advice or prep strategy the "puys" at PG, as PagalGuy are known, are always there to help.
  2. IIM CAT Site: The official site for CAT. Very informative about the exam as well as the new CBT format that has been introduced.
  3. Complore: Free site for test prep. Now this is not the the site for serious CAT prep. Afterall you get what you pay for. However if you want to explore CAT stuff, sample questions, guage difficulty of questions, etc., check it out. Overall pretty crappy site but it does have lot of content.
  4. Merriam-Webster Tools for Firefox: Great tool for building vocabulary. All you need to do is highlight a word and right click. I use it whenever I encounter a new word (very frequently)!
  5. Feedreader: Another software tool. Very good to consolidate content from all the good blogs (like this one!) into one single place. Besides CAT prep I also subscribe to blogs in business and economy, movies, etc. Reading surely helps not just CAT but overall.
Did I miss anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment