Friday, October 16, 2009

My First Post: Why I am writing CAT

This is my first post on Top CATalyst. I will be appearing for CAT in 2010 and I thought of creating this blog as a journal of my preparation. The article on this blog will be presented only as lists. Hence the title of this blog: Top CATlyst. All Lists for CAT are fair game here. Let me start off the post with the "top 5" reasons why I am writing CAT and want an admit into IIMs:

  1. Change of career: You guessed it. I am a bored software engineer tired of pounding the keyboard late at night
  2. More broad based options: Ahh! The flexibility of choosing a marketing, finance, operations job in a variety of industries. What degree can beat that?
  3. More Money (how can I forget that): Now notice that this is not the top of the list
  4. Bragging rights: Need to impress people with IIM creds
  5. What caused the credit crisis: I want to understand the finance jargon and alphabet soup such as CDO, CDS, LBO, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment